Sunday, July 26, 2009

hope that fades

Memories are slowly forgotten
Pictures begin to fade
The light becomes dim
A wish is lost
Hope slowly slips away
Becoming a light in the distance
Till it is no more
But only a memory
Until we question,
Was it even real?
And then start to give it up
Thinking it only as a story
A tall tale
A myth
Then its just gone
The memory is lost
Theres no picture to fade
The lights gone out
There is no wish
Hope is gone
Forgotten completely
Lost forever
no more.

its a little on the sad side. but i still like it.
let me know what you think

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

Enjoyed this tryst into melancholy.
You've written this poem about
fading hope like a candle slowly
dripping.

Anonymous said...

YES!!! Very nice poem! I could really get an image of the hope fading out as I read this poem. Sad , yes, but very nicely written and I feel like it really came from your heart. Well done my friend,
take care,
Julian :)